Terms and Conditions
SMART DATE is a speed dating and social events company managed and owned by Nicole Robb.
Speed dating is the business of recruiting men and women to participate in an event where participants can meet people of the opposite sex face to face with the intention of forging relationships. For this service a fee is paid to SMARTdate on the website www.smartdate.co.za. The fee paid to SMARTdate is for access to a particular event. This fee allows a participant access to an event as well as online information of the individuals matches following the event.
An essential element of speed dating is e-mail contact. All correspondence and registration is done via the internet and e-mail. Website users information is stored for the purpose of communicating with the participant and advertising SMARTdate events. Users information is not sold or distributed to any other company. Delivery Policy Participants who wish to make use of this service are required to register as a user on the website and book to attend an event.Once a booking is complete and payment is paid to SMARTdate service will deny access to an event will be denied if payment is not received prior to the start of the event.
Return and Refunds policy
If a participant feels they have not received what has been promised on the website on the night of the event, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the event and a full refund will be paid to the participant. If a complaint is received after 24 hours of the event taking place, the participant will be granted a discount to a forthcoming event.Payment will be returned to the participant by means of EFT to their nominated bank account within 7 days of the complaint being received. Discounts will be granted and notified on e-mail.
- the collection of your personal information your contact information, demographic information, age, gender and dating gender preference), including information from social networking sites
- Your Communications with Us and Other Users. We collect communications you send to us (such as emails), comments that you post on the pages we have on a third-party service, such as our YouTube, Twitter and Facebook pages and messages that you send us directly through those services. We may also collect any comments, photos, messages or other content or communications you and other users share on the Services.
- thee use of your personal information to send you notifications, promotions and advertising by email, SMS or Whatsapp or in accordance with Section 2, 3 and 4 of this Policy; and
- the collection and use of location information
- the sharing of personal information with third parties for fraud detection and prevention services
- The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyse trends, and administer the Site.
- Third-Party Social Networking Sites.
When you have enabled the use of our Services through a third-party social networking or similar site or mobile or other application (a “Social Networking Site”) or connect or link our Services to a Social Networking Site, such as Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, you permit Smartdate to access and use certain information about you that is made available to Smartdate through or from that Social Networking Site. The information obtained by Smartdate varies by Social Networking Site and may be affected by the permission and privacy settings you establish at that Social Networking Site, but can include information such as your name, profile picture, public Facebook profile, network, gender, username, user ID, age range or birthday, place of work, relationship interests, language, location, country, interests, photos, photos you are tagged in, videos, contacts list, friends lists or followers and other information such as information about Facebook friends you might share in common with other members of the Services. By using or linking our Services through or with a Social Networking Site, you are authorizing Smartdate to collect, store, retain and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all of your information that Smartdate has obtained from the Social Networking Site, including to create a facebook profile page and account for you.D
epending on the Social Networking Site and your privacy settings, Facebook may also post information to your Social Networking Site. Your agreement to the foregoing takes place when you “accept” or “allow” or “go to” (or other similar terms, such as tapping “Okay”) our application from a Social Networking Site, go to a Social Networking Site from the Services, when you sign up or login to the Services through a Social Networking Site (such as by tapping “Sign up with Facebook” or “Log in with Facebook” on the Services), when you otherwise connect or link your Social Networking Site to our Services, or the transfer of information to Facebook from such site. If there is information about your “friends” or people you are associated with in your Social Networking Site account, the information we obtain about those persons may also depend on the privacy settings such people have with the applicable Social Networking Site.
You acknowledge and agree that Smartdate is not responsible for, and has no control over, any applicable privacy settings on any Social Networking Sites (including any settings related to any messages or advertisements about Smartdate that the Social Networking Site may send to you or your friends). Banned and terminated users If your account is ever terminated by us, you are detected as a potential or actual scammer, or a potential or otherwise threat to our business or our users, your email address will be retained on our internal blacklist for as long as we deem necessary to protect the business and its users.
You are free to change your mind about membership with Smartdate. You can amend contact email@example.com.We Please note however will result in a loss of functionality and effect the user experience.
Smartdate is a privately owned sole proprietor
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard, EFT or cash at the door.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Smart Date via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.